Sheffield Retail Quarter Phase 1
Turner & Townsend
Sheffield City Council
Sheffield City Centre
Sheffield City Council approached Turner & Townsend as their delivery partner with an opportunity to develop a new office for HSBC in the heart of Sheffield. This office represents the first phase of delivery of the Sheffield Retail Quarter.
Sheffield City Council are acting as developer for the scheme in which HSBC has agreed to a 15 year lease on the new facility. By acting as developer, the Council has retained control over the development and the economic benefits that this will bring into the future.
The 140,000sqft office space will sit on top of 60,000sqft of retail located on the site of the former Grosvenor Hotel at the corner of Charter Row and Pinstone Street in the city centre. The building will occupied by HSBC in Spring 2019.
Turner & Townsend supported the successful bidding process to HSBC and were retained by the Council to provide Development Management, Project Management, Cost Management and multi-disciplinary design services in the delivery of the office and retail development.
- Led the successful bidding process on behalf of Sheffield City Council for the opportunity to develop the office for HSBC.
- Worked hand-in-glove with Sheffield City Council to secure Heads of Terms followed by the Agreement to Lease with HSBC as anchor tenant.
- Provided a full Development Management service, shaping proposals to meet HSBC’s needs whilst working within tight spatial and economic constraints and undertaking development appraisals to demonstrate scheme viability.
- Market leading project and cost management services have kept this fast track project running on programme and to budget.
- Brought together a world class design supply chain to facilitate scheme delivery efficiently and economically.
2015 – 2019
Can we help...
Want help, advice or to arrange a meeting? No problem, just fill in your details and we will do the rest.